Wednesday, July 26


Okay,I'll jump on the merry-go-round at a random spot where I can grab a pole, and see if I'm near my favorite horse, the white stallion, rearing (of course, an up-and-down horse, not a standstill one, they're for the babies, we're the big kids, who ride on the outside and finally, finally, are big enough, tall-enough, long-armed and secure in the stirrups enough to grab the ring, and it has to be EVERY ring, give or take a jammed spot missed, because if you miss ONE ring it might be the GOLD RING, the gleaming prize of every ride) and bearing on his back behind my saddle a freshly-killed pinkish-tan rabbit -- but this is not about the merry-go-round but about the recent random GOLD RING on the web-go-round of now-life: www.popcap.com and go to Games -- Bookworm. Jen Robinson, the brilliant youngish librarian and webmistress, has pointed the way to this well-described "addiction."

Whoops, I have a game going on the free trial, I'm on Level 4 and l*o*v*i*n*g it and have just signed up for more....

You'll be hearing from me later, Jen....

~~~ Jane

2 comments:

Jen Robinson said...

Oh goody!
I'm not a big gameplayer (at least not games other than Dictionary or board games) but there's something special about Bookworm. I love when I make a really long word and I hear a whoosh of clicks - very satisfying.

caleb said...

i remember the carousel exactly as you describe it. you grab all those rings, not because you like -them-, but because the one you miss could be the gold ring. and if you're really quick, you can grab two in one pass (it helps to lean forward approaching the handoff, and lean back just as you're passing).