Friday, June 27

Cowboys



Quick: Whaddya think of FIRST when you think of cowboys?

. . .

[tick tick tick tick tick tick . . . ]

. . .

Now =




****Here's the text, in case the link doesn't work, but it won't have the special effects:





"What is Sass?


he Single Action Shooting Society is an international organization created to preserve and promote the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting™. SASS endorses

regional matches conducted by affiliated clubs, stages END of TRAIL The World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting, promulgates rules and procedures to ensure safety and consistency in Cowboy Action Shooting matches, and seeks to protect its members' 2nd Amendment rights. SASS members share a common interest in preserving the history of the Old West and competitive shooting.
Click here to
learn more about SASS Mounted Shooting. Click here for a brief history.


!!!!!!!

I think about cowboys every now and then, when I see a horse and a saddle or hear a pistol or see a boy of crayons . .



So I was surprised and not surprised to get this link (above) today in an email from a friend who moved out west. He's in a cowboy group, pictured somewhere at the link. I'm so glad that Ted is doing this! We'd never agree on who to vote for, but we get along just great, and I'm glad he likes playing cowboy, It's certainly a long time fantasy life of mine. But I have to email him and ask all the rest of the cowboy dream questions: do you sleep out under the stars, do you sing to the dogies, do you even ride horses????? I think that politics aside, we as being of different genders, have a differnt idea of cowboys.


Coming up: Wilson Wakes Up!

Also, Horse Encounters in Fairview

Crayola Factory


~~~~




Clearly, there's more to find out. Until then, I have crayons and colored pencils, but I don't have the right coloring book. Ahhhl I DO have a Dover Indians of North American coloring book. Lemme go check it out. Get yourself something to drink and make yourself comfortable. I'll be back.




1 comment:

Bri Johnson said...

I am a big fan of cowboy music, ever since visiting my brother in Colorado, and attending a touristy cowboy music show. I think SASS is the best acronym I've ever seen.