Saturday, September 2

IN WHICH I FLOUT BOTH COPYRIGHT AND PATRIOTISM

In today's New York Times, Maureen Dowd's always lively column addresses the subject of President Bush's reading program, one that seems quite ambitious for one unused to literary reading, philosophical consideration. It includes Camus' The Stranger, as well as some English classics. Funny coincidence, or maybe not, that on Friday a colleague of mine who is both a local poet and a high school teacher of English literature, and, importantly, Canadian, emailed me a picture which I shamelessly show you here, flouting all regard for copyright. My rationale is that you might not otherwise see it. Most of us have limited exposure to the Canadian press, though I suspect we'd be better if we had more.




I'm told the billboard is "in Canada, where else?!"

No comments: